Playing the game responsibly
Gambling and betting services offered to the public and regulated fairly are exciting entertainment and leisure activities.
Uncontrolled consumption of gambling services can in some cases trigger addictive behavior by participating customers. Consequently, such behavior can lead to many problems, so it is essential to guard against this in order to retain the fun and excitement of betting and playing.
sportwetten.de consciously acts transparently in the gaming sector and responsibly addresses gambling addiction issues. As one of the leading companies in the stationary and online gambling business, sportwetten.de uses its unique position to act responsibly along its entire range of offers and develops innovative solutions for dealing with gambling addiction.
The “Responsible Gaming” program places particular emphasis on the early detection and prevention of addictive behavior and provides a range of measures for coping with these challenges now and in the future:
1. Know-how regarding this sensitive issue is a necessary basis for tackling this problem in a sustainable manner. Regular employee training in the area of early detection and prevention of gambling addiction is recommended by recognized gambling addiction experts.
2. sportwetten.de supports the customer's self-responsibility and autonomy if supplied with the appropriate information. The option of voluntary self-restraint can be made within the parameters of the registration process (clearly presented on the respective platform) as well as in the client's account when logged in. The application form is embedded in each venue and on the web platform on the Internet. Additionally, the customer can initiate a proactive block on his/her account in order to counter a tendency or increased urge to play. sportwetten.de supports such prevention measures for customers who demonstrate compulsive gambling patterns.
3. Special security measures, such as the personalized member.card or the manual review of individual customer information ensure the absence of minors in gambling.
4. sportwetten.de ensures that access to stationary gaming terminals by children under the age of 18 years is not permitted and they have no ability to participate in any kind of gambling.
5. Voluntary self-restraint is sportwetten.de's philosophy regarding its commitment to responsible gaming. Excessive stimulation of playing urges by way of advertising and marketing activities is deliberately avoided.
6. Communication channels such as newsletters and mailings are not used to trigger a customer to invest beyond their means in gaming offers.
7. Further to point 6, sportwetten.de explicitly avoids communicating to customers that gambling is an alternative to employment or a way of earning money..
8. Content focuses on the entertainment value of gambling and does not report any unrealistic income claims.
9. sportwetten.de deliberately avoids advertizing testimonials which appeal to young audiences and minors.
Counseling centers are for many people the first place to deal with the problems of gambling addiction. However, family members, spouses/partners and friends who already have experience in this area are the first contact partners.
The services and offers of counseling centers can vary from place to place. sportwetten.de assists customers with their search and lists the following centers:
Further counseling (in german):
Global Gambling Guidance Group.
G4 Head office / Secretariat
P.O. Box 9150
1006 AD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Telephone: +31 204124403, Fax +31 206896418
Online counseling is a form of written counseling on the Internet. This allows the customer to determine the time and frequency of contact. The consultation can be made anonymously. Online counseling is recommended if immediate assistance is required.
General Information on the treatment of compulsive gambling
The treatment of gambling addicts can also take place in one place at an appropriate clinic. Depending on the addictive patterns, a specialized clinic for addictive behavior or a psychosomatic clinic may be needed. Counseling centers assist in the search for suitable therapy solutions, especially with determining the costs. sportwetten.de regards itself as a competent partner for questions and information on money management.
The duration of inpatient treatment for gambling addiction is largely dependent on personal therapy procedures, clinic concepts and costs. On average, the duration of the therapy is between 8 and 12 weeks. Persons who are employed normally receive a transitional allowance for inpatient therapy. With help and targeting use of psycho-therapeutic methods, persons addicted to gambling learn alternate behavior to their gambling compulsion and to question or critically examine the causes and consequences of the disease. The goal of the therapy is to end well prepared for the phase following the clinical treatment. With regard to this, relapse prevention and local access to continuing support is especially important. Dealing with money and debts is a another focus in inpatient therapy.
2. Self-help groups
Self-help groups for gambling-addicted people are now available in many cities and towns. Participants meet regularly at scheduled times to share experiences concerning their problems and experiences with gambling and addiction. Self-help groups pursue an approach which takes place without professional guidance. People primarily do this voluntarily. Participation is free and therefore non-binding. Self-help groups present an important and permanent supplement as well as an essential extension of addiction support systems.
The overall goal of the self-help system is for gambling addicts to mutually find sustainable ways to lead their life without gambling and to deal with gambling offerings. Mutual encouragement and empowerment are the main focuses to build upon in self-help groups. Participants at the beginning of their withdrawal from gambling can benefit by sharing with those who have longer-term experience with abstention. The knowledge that one is not alone with this problem and must cope - as well as seeing that others have managed well - is for many a helpful experience.
3. Debt counseling
The financial situation often represents for many an existential threat. Family members, friends, partners and spouses are often also affected by gambling debts and their effects. Debt counseling can provide concrete and free help to handle debt and manage and develop realistic objectives for sustainable debt reduction with all those involved.